What is an Ombudsman?
An Ombudsman is a person who serves as an advocate in promptly addressing your concerns, issues or questions.
An Ombudsman works to support your basic right to be treated fairly and with respect.
Our PIBT Ombudsman is your:
- Consumer advocate for our members
- Promotes awareness of key benefits such as prescription & free Preventive Services
- Finds answers to questions about specific aspects of covered benefits and services
- Guidance regarding fee or treatment estimates
- Problem solver
- Address claims issues or questions
- Investigate complaints or grievances between members and carriers
- Listen to and follow up on concerns about services
- Verify that identified problems have been promptly & effectively addressed
- Personal visits as part of outreach program
- Create awareness of total PIBT package, including website on-line provisions
- Discuss observations and concerns related to group health benefits
- Assist in navigating through healthcare benefits options
- Available for Open Enrollment meetings
For more information, contact Mario Geraci at (323) 728-9500 ext. 227 or firstname.lastname@example.org.